Sunday, October 26, 2014

Getting ready

Ready, Set, Go...

Can you picture yourself on the playground in grade school? Restlessly standing before a line that someone has drawn in the dirt with a stick--getting ready to race across the schoolyard, and hopefully beat that kid who sits behind you in class. You know, the one who mocks your every effort? (Come on, every class had one of those, didn't they?)

Once and for all, you're going to show everyone what you can do. You can win this race!

Well, I'm getting ready...

As everyone whose read this blog more than once knows, I've written a book. And that--for me--is a huge accomplishment. This book has (nearly) taken over my every waking thought, my every conversation, and a very large portion of my time for nearly a year now. It's almost time to send it out into the world.

Is it ready to go?

I'm not sure, but I think it's almost there. And I am now in  "getting ready" mode. I'm writing synopses, query letters, and researching publishers. I'm revising and playing tennis with the words (you know,  back and forth across the net...is this word better here--or that one?)

The line is being drawn, and I'm getting ready to run. That mocking voice in my head? I think it's mine this time...

But I'm determined to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment